Dengue Awareness Session
As the season has changed, The Noor Project conducted a dengue awareness session today. There are hundreds of students studying at The Noor Project however; most of them are little ones. We take a great care of our students. As the entire premises are full of flowers and plants, the chances of Larva become double. The highly qualified team of this dengue awareness movement visited and gave a very brief session on the factors that can cause dengue. Not only this but also they gave emphasis that how can you keep you and your family safe from the effects of larva.
The points they discussed are given below:
- Wear long-sleeve shirts and long pants.
- Treat clothes with repellents.
- Use EPA-registered mosquito repellent.
- Consider using mosquito netting if you will be in areas with many mosquitoes.
- Make sure windows and doors screens are closed to avoid allowing mosquitoes into enclosed spaces.
- Avoid areas with standing water. Especially at times of high mosquito activity like dawn and dusk.
- Make sure any outside containers capable of storing water are emptied regularly
- Protect your workers from mosquito bites by providing insect repellent
- Fill in the lower part of the pit with concrete or sand