Eid E Qurban
Qurbani is a Muslim ritual of sacrificing a Halal animal which is celebrated on 10th Dhu-Al-Hijjah every year. Here are some rules that everyone must follow:
Who else Eligible for Qurbani?
Every Muslim who is fulfilling the following requirements must perform Qurbani.
- One who owns 52.5 tolas of silver or the wealth equivalent
- One should be sound-minded and should reach and passed puberty
- One should not be traveling
One can perform Qurbani on behalf of their loved ones, no matter they are alive or dead but you cannot perform Qurbani on behalf of your children.
Rightful for the meat of Qurbani
The meat of Qurbani should always be divided equally into three parts. One can distribute meat to the family, friends and the poor no matter Muslim or non-Muslim. If you are performing Qurbani with partners, the meat should be shared by weight, not by approximation. You are allowed to pay the butcher with the meat, fat, and by-products of the sacrificial animal. You can keep the skin of the animal for your personal use but if you sold it then money should be given to the poor.
Standards for sacrificial animal
- Sheep and goats 1-year-old minimum (only for one person)
- Cows or Buffalo 2-years old minimum (7 partners can share the Qurbani)
- Camels 5-years old minimum (7 partners can share the Qurbani)
All the animals should be healthy and should be free from the following faults:
- Should not be blind, have only one eye or lost third or more eyes.
- They shouldn’t be missing a third or more of their ear or tail, either through loss or since birth
- Their horns should not be broken
- It should not be weak, thin and disabled by one leg
- They shouldn’t be toothless or lost over half of their teeth
How should Qurbani Animals Be Sacrificed?
- A very sharp knife should be used
- The knife shouldn’t be sharpened in front of the animal
- Animals should not be slaughtered in front of each other
It is better to slaughter the animal yourself, but if you do not have the know-how, you should be there and let someone else slaughter the animal. While slaughtering holy Kalmat should recite.
For Online Zakat & Donations, please visit:
MCB Bank – Gulberg Premier Branch
Title of Account: For The Needy And Hungry Foundation (Trust).
Account No: 0625 3819 7100 8470. (Code. 1400)